- This event has passed.
PA ABLE Roundtable
May 5 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Join me on May 5th at noon for a virtual roundtable to share information on saving for disability-related expenses and resources for adults with disabilities. Authorized by federal and state law, PA ABLE accounts give individuals with qualified disabilities a tax-free way to save for disability-related expenses, while maintaining government benefits. Speakers for the event will include representatives from state and advocacy organizations, which provide a variety of services.
- Pennsylvania Treasury- Bureau of Savings Programs, which oversees the PA ABLE program.
- Information on employment opportunities will be shared by the Pennsylvania Office of Vocational Rehabilitation, which helps persons with disabilities prepare for, obtain, or maintain employment.
- Disability Rights Pennsylvania will share information to help individuals understand work rules and regulations and to access work incentives available under the Federal SSI and SSDI programs.
- Attendees will also hear from the Bureau of Community Service- Office of Developmental Programs about Medicaid waivers for intellectual disabilities support services, and intermediate care facilities for person with intellectual?disabilities.
Resources for Individuals with Disabilities
- PA Department of Treasury ABLE Account Information
- Disability Rights Work Incentives Planning and Assistance Program Guide
- Disability Rights WIPA Resources
- PA Office of Developmental Programs (ODP)
- Office of Vocational Rehabilitation Resources