Farm to School Grant Program
The Pennsylvania Farm to School Grant Program will provide elementary schools with funding to improve access to healthy, local foods and increase agriculture education opportunities for pre-kindergarten through fifth grade.
The program aims to enrich the connection communities have with fresh, healthy food and local producers by changing food purchasing and education practices at schools and early childhood education sites.
Eligible applications should include:
- A list of Pennsylvania farmers who have agreed to supply products from their farms;
- Nutrition and agriculture education, including integration into regular classroom subjects;
- Training of teachers and other educational staff on nutrition and agriculture education;
- Inclusion of parents, caregivers, and community groups in educational activities;
- Field trips to Pennsylvania farms or other direct agricultural experiences which teach children about sources of food and Pennsylvania agriculture.
Eligibility & Funding
Any school district, charter school, or private school with pre-kindergarten classes, kindergarten, or elementary through fifth grade is eligible to apply for up to $15,000.
$500,000 is available for the Pennsylvania Farm to School Grant Program and grants will be awarded on a funds-available basis.
- Projects must be completed no later than June 30, 2020
- Grants will be funded as reimbursement grants
- A single grant shall be limited to 75% of the cost of the project
- Each school may receive no more than $15,000 annually
- Recipients may use the value of in-kind support to match the amount granted
For more information click here.