HARRISBURG, PA − March 26, 2019 − Pennsylvania Senator Steve Santarsiero, D-Bucks, announced the funding approval of five new projects in the 10th Senate District through the Commonwealth Financing Authority’s Multimodal Transportation Fund (MTF). Totaling over $2.1 million in funding, the projects aim to improve Bucks County’s infrastructure and provide safer, more dependable transportation.
The projects and their funding totals are as followed:
- Green Street Improvements, Silverdale Borough: $147,444
- Bridge Street Pedestrian Improvements, New Hope Borough: $92,980
- University Village, Borough of New Britain: $600,000
- Pedestrian Safety Improvements, Delaware Valley University: $1,011,826
- 2015 MTF, Borough of Perkasie: $283,171
“Infrastructure investment is key to creating vibrant communities and promoting economic growth,” Sen. Santarsiero said. “As a member of the Senate Appropriations Committee, I will continue to support municipalities through key infrastructure investments like these projects.”
The MTF, established by Act 89 of 2013, funds several types of improvement projects, including roads, walking and bike trails, railways, traffic safety, public transportation, and air transport. As a State Representative, Sen. Santarsiero voted for Act 89, which helped provide revenue for the MTF.